Friday 4 March 2016

Term 1 Week 5

Term 1 Week 5 in Year 6



Our Classroom has been very busy over the last 5 weeks at school.
One of the things we have been doing is called Youthtown.
Youthtown is a group of people who come around to our school and play sports with us.
My favourite game I have learnt so far is Capture the Flag.


Another thing I have enjoyed this term so far is something called Cryptarithms.  Cryptarithms is a maths problem.  What you have to do is you have to work out the value of the letters.  For example:

BB + A = ACC  (99 + 1 = 100)

Cryptarithms are really hard.


Another thing we have started doing this term is enlarging with a grid.  What we had to do is draw a grid on a picture of us.  Then we started drawing patterns on squares on a bigger piece of paper.  At some point we will finish with a drawing looking something like this:

But with Patterns EVERYWHERE.



Another thing I have enjoyed doing is Making my Whale Rider Venn diagram.  What we had to do is compare 2 characters from the story (Koro Apirana and Nanny Flowers) to yourself.  I enjoyed doing it.


I have enjoyed these last few weeks at school more than last year.










1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your learning this year. It is great to see that you are particularly enjoying challenging tasks - this is something that will build character. Keep up the great attitude!